Ever since the first bite of a chocolate covered pretzel, I have been in love! These simple, yet nice looking chocolate covered pretzels are actually fairly quick and easy to make. They also, are very versatile. By buying themed M&Ms for whichever holiday it may be, or by going to their website and making special ones with your initials, baby’s name etc, you can personalize these treats for any event.
2 bags of Hershey’s Hugs
1 large bag of M&Ms Milk Chocolate Candy’s
- Turn oven to 200 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet or cookie sheet in parchment paper.
- Unwrap all the Hershey’s Hugs and set them aside in a bowl.
- Lay out the pretzels one layer deep over the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Place a hug in the center of each pretzel.
- Place baking sheet with the pretzels and hugs into the oven for about 5 minutes. You just want to melt the chocolate enough without them oozing all over. You will see the hugs looking shiny and just starting to lose shape. This is when you want to pull them out of the oven.
- Immediately after removing the pretzels and hugs from the oven, you want to carefully press an M&M into the center of each hug. This is the most time consuming part and where you need to be most careful.
- Let your buttons cool for 15-20 minutes and then you can enjoy a fun snack!